Advanced Diagnostics Healthcare
1. Confirm your appointment time and procedure with our office at 713.790.1666.
5. Talk to your family about the procedure and discuss the impact it will have on you, your family, and on your professional and social life.
2. See that your insurance is on our list of insurance providers and go over your policy by contacting your healthcare provider.
6. Contact your employer’s Human Resources department and make arrangements for the time that you will need.
3. Estimate out-of-pocket costs. Include possible post-procedure prescription medicine costs and time away from work.
7. Secure a form of transportation. If your procedure requires sedation then you need someone to drive you.
4. Print out any forms you need from our Forms Page.
Preparing for a Procedure
Thank you for choosing Advanced Diagnostics for your imaging needs. Please follow these preparations completely to ensure accurate test results. Inadequate preparations may result in rescheduling of your exam. GoLYTELY may be purchased over the counter at your local pharmacy and does not require a prescription. Oral Contrast may be picked up ahead of time at our facility during business hours. Please call us at 713.790.1666 if you have any questions regarding these instructions.
Make sure that you do NOT have a pacemaker or brain aneurysm clip, and notify staff if you have any metal anywhere in your body. Arrive 30 minutes before your exam to complete important patient safety and consent forms.
Nothing to eat or drink after midnight. Arrive two hours before your exam to drink contrast. You may also pick up contrast ahead of time. In this case, drink contrast two hours before appointment time. Please notify our staff if you are currently taking Glucophage (metformin).
Nothing to eat or drink after midnight. Please notify our staff if you are currently taking Glucophage (metformin).
Nothing to eat or drink after midnight. NO Caffeine.
Nothing to eat or drink after midnight.
One hour prior to exam time, begin drinking four eight-ounce glasses of water. Please finish drinking water 45 minutes prior to time of exam. DO NOT EMPTY BLADDER. Your bladder must be full when you arrive for your exam. One hour prior to the exam drink 32 ounces of water.
Nothing to eat or drink after midnight. NOTE: If you have had a barium enema in the past seven days please administer GoLYTELY the evening before your exam.
Nothing to eat or drink after midnight. Begin administration of GoLYTELY at 7:00 p.m.
Nothing to eat or drink after midnight. Stop Coumadin or blood thinners the night before the exam. Blood work must be drawn within three days of exam (PT, PTT, CBC, Platelet, INR and BMP).
You must have a regular evening meal. Begin administration of GoLYTELY at 7:00 p.m. Eat no solid food at least two (2) hours before taking GoLYTELY. Drink one eight (8) ounce cup of the solution rapidly every ten minutes. A loose bowel movement should occur in approximately one hour. Continue drinking until the entire contents have been consumed or as directed by physician.
Nothing to eat or drink after midnight. Patient needs a driver for transportation after exam. No pain medications four hours prior to exam.